Simone Biles who is hailed as the best gymnast in the world is an African-American artistic gymnast. She is declared as the all-rounder in the 2016 Rio Olympics. Biles is declared as the most decorated gymnast. By being honored, so she over took Shannon Miller who was holding this record since 1993. This honor reached Simon when she won 19 Olympic medals and world championships in one go.
Source of Inspiration:
Being a young girl, she has become a great source of inspiration for many people. Not all of her fans and followers are aspiring gymnasts. She is loved for her dedication and confidence. She has made an indelible mark in history by becoming a child prodigy. So instead of focussing on her history and achievements, let’s get to know some of the interesting facts that you probably didn’t know before.
Facts that you didn’t know about Simone Biles:
- Simone taught herself the tricks to do back flips and was proficient in doing it at a very young age. She took up sports classes at the tender age of 6. The coolest part she started her classes with seniors as the junior classes were already things that she could pull off with not much effort.
- Simone Biles was an adopted child when she was young by her family. Her parents must really be proud of who she has become today. She has a sister who is also a gymnast.
- She spent most of her life as a homeschooler. She got through her graduation in the year 2015
- She was the shortest participant in the 2016 Rio Olympics. The number of candidates in the Rio Olympics was 555. She is unbelievably short for what she is doing. Probably that’s what makes her the best.
- She is the first African-American women to have won three world all-around titles in a row. The best thing is that she is only 19 and she has already become an all-round international champion.
- Simone Biles is being trained by the same person since she is eight. Her trainer proudly says that they had the learning process together, while Simon dedicates all her success to her trainer, who has been a great pillar of support and inspiration.